Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Working in the Oil Industry...

When I on the rig, I received an email from my senior. I think that this is interesting so I copied it and posted it in my blog. Have fun and enjoy reading it.

Working in the Oil Industry...

When i try to explain to people exactly what I do in my job, its sometimes difficult to get them to understand. This may put it in a way that makes it easier to grasp.

We work in weird shifts...Just like prostitutes

We are paid to make the client happy...Just like prostitutes

The client pays a lot of money, but our employer keeps almost every penny...Just like prostitutes

We are rewarded for fulfilling the client's dreams...Just like prostitutes

Our old friends drift away and we end up hanging out with other people in the same profession as us...Just like prostitutes

When we have to meet the client we always have to be perfectly groomed...Just like prostitutes

But when we go back home it seems like we are coming back from hell...Just like prostitutes

The client always wants to pay less but expects incredible things from us...Just like prostitutes

When people ask us about our job, we have difficulties explaining what we do...Just like prostitutes

Everyday when we wake up, we say I'm NOT GOING TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE DOING THIS SHIT...Just like prostitutes

The only real difference is that prostitutes can take Christmas and New Year Eve off and they actually DO make a lot of Money!!!

If you know someone in the oil industry, please share this article with them so they don't feel bad anymore...Just like prostitutes

No comments: